**To be suitable for this role you MUST be working in a client facing role within a Accountancy Practice or within financial services/fund accounting. Ideally you'll be at the Assistant Accountant level already where the focus of the role is the preparation and completion of financial statements.**
A market leading financial services company is seeking an Assistant Accountant with good accounts preparation experience to help provide a high quality service of accounting services to their Private Equity/Real Estate clients.
My client will consider a range of profiles, entry level with ACCA passes as well as intermediate level candidates with some years of experience working practice. Alternatively, this role would be ideal for someone who is an ACCA finalist who has more experience of working with multiple clients in practice.
The role offers a fantastic opportunity for career progression within private equity. Candidates who are finalists or exam qualified will be considered at the higher end of the salary bracket. Benefits include 25 days holiday, pension, private healthcare and an annual bonus.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Preparing accounts to agreed internal deadlines to a standard that is suitable for a first review
* Ensuring that adequate training has been received and be proactive in defining areas needing attention or support
* Preparing client KPIs for review
* Ensuring all client queries are appropriately responded to
* Making payments and alterations if necessary with the data processing team
* Performing weekly bank reconciliations on client bank accounts
* Some years of accounts preparation experience in Practice
* Studying/Finalist/ACCA or CIMA
* Intermediate Excel skills
* Experience of providing financial information for review
* Excellent organisational, prioritisation and interpersonal skills
* Comfortable communicating with individuals at senior levels