Client Accountant – Hybrid working
Are you a qualified Accountant with experience of managing your own client portfolio? We have a great opportunity within a growing practice, who really have their finger on the pulse in terms of their commercial approach. This firm stands apart as being extremely client centric and are looking for a like-minded individual to join the team. The role comes with hybrid working.
Reporting to the Accountancy Manager you will be responsible for the preparation and submission of accounts and tax returns for clients, liaise with clients via phone, email and face to face, prepare and review book-keeping and VAT returns, assess and advise clients on their tax position, review the tax efficiency of clients as required, liaise between clients and HM Revenue & Customs to deal with and resolve queries as, ensure all internal and statutory deadlines are met, and prepare and execute year end client meetings as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience.
- Must have experience within an Accountancy practice
- Knowledge of managing end to end accounts
- Fully qualified (ACCA, ACA, AAT)
- Excellent communication skills
- Being able to work to tight deadlines both internally and externally (HMRC).
- Advanced of MS Office in particular Excel
- Knowledge of an Accountancy software package such as QuickBooks, Zero or similar.
The salary is paying up to £45,000 with flexible working and a range of generous benefits including pension, Healthcare Cash Plan Employee Assistance Programme and holiday reward scheme. The role is based at the practice’s modern offices in Waterlooville, easily commutable from Portsmouth and Southampton.