A market leading fund accounting firm is seeking a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) to help ensure a high quality service of accounts preparation to designated real estate clients. The role offers fantastic benefits and support and is a great opportunity to pursue career progression within private equity financial services as a qualified accountant.
This role would be ideal for someone who has perhaps a year or two of post qualified experience looking to move out of practice, preferably with some knowledge of private equity/real estate fund accounting.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Reviewing prepared accounts to agreed internal deadlines following completion by junior staff and reacting to any escalations.
* Managing Assistant Accountants and be proactive in defining areas needing attention or support.
* Reviewing client KPIs, attending client meetings and building a strong profile with clients.
* Managing clients’ expectations and ensuring all client queries are appropriately responded to.
* Making payments and alterations if necessary with the data processing team. Reviewing any ad-hoc analysis prepared by more junior members of staff.
* Reviewing the weekly bank reconciliations on client bank accounts.
• University Degree in Accountancy/Business/Maths or otherwise demonstrable strong aptitude for numeracy
• ACCA or ACA qualified or qualified by experience with 3+ years relevant experiencing in fund accounting / administration
• 3+ years’ experience working in a professional office environment, preparing and reviewing financial statements under IFRS from source books and records. Ideally working in financial services or accounting practice working on multiple client relationships
• Strong experience in the review of working paper files and Financial Statements including disclosures
• Previous experience in the preparation of financial statements and working paper files
• Technically strong and experience in applying IFRS standards to accounts, including IFRS 9