A market leading private equity and real estate fund accounting firm is seeking a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with a strong team ethic to help ensure a high quality service of accounts preparation to designated private equity/real estate clients. This role would be ideal for someone who has perhaps a year or two of post qualified experience looking to move out of practice, preferably with some knowledge of private equity/real estate fund accounting.
The role offers fantastic benefits and support and is a great opportunity to pursue career progression within private equity financial services as a qualified accountant.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Reviewing prepared accounts to agreed internal deadlines following completion by junior staff and reacting to any escalations.
* Managing Assistant Accountants and be proactive in defining areas needing attention or support.
* Reviewing client KPIs, attending client meetings and building a strong profile with clients.
* Managing clients’ expectations and ensuring all client queries are appropriately responded to.
* Making payments and alterations if necessary with the data processing team. Reviewing any ad-hoc analysis prepared by more junior members of staff.
* Reviewing the weekly bank reconciliations on client bank accounts.
* ACCA or ACA qualified with at least 1 year of PQE
* Experience of preparing financial statements and accounts preparation in a small/medium practice.
* Managing staff or mentoring junior colleagues