A rapidly growing manufacturing/technology company is seeking an Application Support Engineer/Solutions Developer to configure and develop information systems to meet business requirements.
As part of the Business Information Systems team this role involves the application of technical skills across a broad landscape. While initial focus will be on the company’s Manufacturing Execution System and the need to ramp up data capture, production volumes and associated automation, your generic skills and experience will be applied across many domains.
- Development of company’s MES solution to cover increased volume requirements, enhanced system integrations and application to research and development activities.
- Off the shelf business application with multiple configuration tools and options.
- Utilised for shop floor control, material traceability and inspection data capture.
- Manual and automated transactional interface.
- User training and support for any delivered solutions.
- Apply generic skill set to other applicable areas as requirements are developed e.g. external collaboration, data analysis, system integration.
- Monitoring of key solutions to ensure correct function and accuracy.
- Develop up to date tool skills to be applied to new requirements.
Person Specification/Core Competencies:
- Involvement in configuring or supporting a business application.
- Desire to learn in depth on one specific application
- Happy to work from home, in the office and on a manufacturing shop floor.
- Understanding of a manufacturing environment and the application of ERP & MES type tools to support activities (desirable)
- Degree in a technical related subject e.g. Systems Engineering, Manufacturing Systems, IT (desirable)