A successful software company is seeking an Application Support Engineer to focus on the technology required to support their application suite and the environments on which it is installed as well as the enterprise-wide applications (such as VCenter, HP UCMDB, ServiceNow) that integrate with it.
The ideal candidate will have some experience operating in a support role for a software company with external clients who has supported Enterprise applications, databases, onsite communications equipment, storage, and related software, Data Center technology & operations, providing problem management, service desk, and change management.
* Systems Administration on Windows Server 2008 and later, SQL Server 2008 and later, SQL Databases, Networking Protocols
* Communicating with Customers via phone, email or Go-to-Meeting/WebEx
* Enablement of Operational Tools for large scale ERP and CRM deployments
* Implementing systems management solutions to deliver client value
* Assisting in the designing of support for scalable server architectures for business systems
* Managing environments used for issue investigation and re-creation
* Escalating technical/business issues as required
* Recording progress against cases
* Identifying workarounds for high priority cases
* Creating Knowledge Base Articles / Technical Notes
* Generating detailed documentation
* Candidates will demonstrate skills in enabling tools for ITIL based technologies with a technical focus on availability of business applications, operating systems, and server/storage hardware.
* This position will focus on designing and delivering technical solutions such as but not limited to IT Discovery solutions, Configuration Management solutions, IT Asset Management solutions, IT Monitoring solutions, IT Service Desk solutions and Business Process monitoring solutions.
* Candidates will demonstrate skills in IT operations with a technical focus
* During client engagements responsibilities will include assisting with scoping, and identifying resources supporting the client partner.
To be suitable you’ll have:
* Knowledge of ServiceNow applications
* Experience in Requirements Analysis, Installation, and Deployment
*Knowledge of various third-party integration components
* Experience of developing necessary support documentation as needed (e.g. Knowledge base articles)
Ideally candidates will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
* Expertise in Web technologies (Web Services, XML, etc.)
* Production Scheduling, Output/Print Management
* Service Desk tools exposure
* Storage Management and Backup/Restore Management
* Migration Control and Hardware Performance/Optimization
* Understanding of Change Management, Configuration Management, and Release Management
* Ability to utilize PowerPoint in proposal development.
* UNIX Administration
* Ability to produce documentation utilizing the MS Office Suite
* Broad understanding of ITIL V3 and its components
* CRM tools
*Bachelor degree or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science/Technology or Engineering.
*Microsoft certification (i.e. MCP, MCSA, MCSE etc.) or other IT certification is a plus.