Due to internal promotion 2 x 2nd line IT Support roles have become available in a Microsoft Gold Partner business in Bedfordshire with plenty of opportunity for further career development and professional certifications and also offering some hybrid working.
Hybrid working is worked out on a week to week basis and offered in line with business need. The role is otherwise office based with a 7-7 shift pattern, Monday - Friday, 37.5hrs per week. On occaision you may need to attend customer site and travel expenses will be reimbursed for this. Ideally you will have your own transport.
This is a business that offers paid time off to train, works with the newest cloud technologies and puts employees through industry leading IT certifications to support their career development.
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience gained in an MSP or IT Services environment, although this is not essential.
- Will be confident with carrying out remote administration of workstations, servers, routers, network switches and working to strict SLA's, ensuring that call logs are up to date and accurate.
- Will have a strong customer centric approach to your work as well as knowledge of supporting: Windows 7 and Windows 10 Desktop, Active Directory, EPOS, handheld, MS Surface Pro, Exchange\Office 365, WAN\LAN network troubleshooting, basic Windows Server 2008 R2 - 2012 and Managed Build support.
Day to day you will be supporting an agreed client or clients:
- Providing remote support
- Acting as an escalation point for the 1st line service desk, as well as helping create knowledge based articles for the first line team to help improve technical awareness.
- Spending time researching and resolving the more complex and or time-consuming issues, but also being able to recognise when an incident you are working on requires further escalation and collaborate and liaise accordingly.
- Always seeking to keep the customer updated on progress against support calls.
- Providing onsite support if required
Starting salary is up to £32,000 depending on the skills and experience you bring to the role. There may be some flexibility for a stand out candidate. In addition they offer a competitive benefits package, great offices, free parking and good company culture.