A leading and constantly growing media organisation is seeking an IT Support Technician to help provide 1st and some 2nd line support to users within the group. This role is based in London and supports multiple geographical locations ensuring systems are maintained and supported to the highest standards.
- Answering support requests via the IT service desk, by phone and face to face.
- To take ownership of support requests, ensuring they are logged and updated in appropriate systems.
- To escalate more complex problems to the relevant personnel, collaborating effectively and keeping end users updated.
- Administration of identity platforms including Active Directory and Okta to set up user accounts and manage access permissions.
- Configure and build end user devices in a timely fashion, for deployment at scale.
- Carry out day to day maintenance, administration and support on end user devices including laptops, desktops and mobiles/tablets.
- Contribute to the growing Tech Ops knowledgebase, updating both internal and customer facing documentation.
- Maintain asset register and ensure necessary equipment remains available for loans or replacements at short notice.
- Maintain best practices and policies to ensure effective use of all infrastructure, data, communication and storage systems together with maintaining required security standards
- Some travel within the UK may be required. On occasion may need to work outside of normal office hours and will be required to be part of on an on-call weekend rota.
Required skills and experience:
- ITIL 4 certified to Foundation level or a demonstrable understanding of key principles
- Recent experience of working in a tech support role, preferably in a media business
- Strong troubleshooting skills, particularly around hardware, software and networking
- Proficient in modern operating systems including Windows 10 and macOS
- Experience of Active Directory, LANs, WANs & Wireless, TCP/IP principles and VoIP
- Experience of Office 365 and G Suite